Here we, go. It’s been going around facebook so I thought to put it up on my blog just because.
1. I sleep 2-3 hours a day. Though people say I should be thinner because of this I’m still fat.
2. I have NEVER been on a diet. Maybe I should start but I doubt I will ever push through. I am a stoic with almost everything but I still think at the level of my stomach. I’m sorry, when I’m hungry, I’m hungry, except during the paschal triduum, where I don’t eat from after Good Friday lunch until Easter Sunday breakfast.
3. I consider myself a PAN-geek. If it exists and it’s geekable I probably geek it or WILL geek it. My parents say that I have my hands in far too many things for my own good. It sort of creates a multi-talented person with such a diverse skill set I surprise alot of people sometimes, even myself.
4. I’ve never taken a rollercoaster. I have a distinct fear of it breaking apart. This is the Philippines and it HAS happened before, you know.
5. I never seem to think that I’ve done enough of the things I WANT TO DO. This is a frustration of mine as I think that I can always do more with the skill set I have. I’ve talked about it recently that I could be a multi-format contributor for a magazine but I never really done anything to pursue it. Can you imagine seeing an AMAZING article with AMAZING photos accompanying it and the byline reading, “Words and Photos by TReiz Cheng”? I know I can do it. The hows are the problem.
6. I can come up to ANY girl and chat her up/tease her/engage in small talk with her AS LONG as I don’t have a crush on her. If I DO have a crush on her I will make small talk and disengage quickly after. And my comments towards her tend to be kinda skewed. AYUN! May affected. Basically, If I can talk to you for more than 5-10 minutes, I don’t have a crush on you.
7. I LOVE animals as long as they don’t belong to me. I’ve always wanted to have a Corgi as a pet BUT I know that I won’t be able to take care of any mammal/bird/fish and so I never bothered trying, it’s just not a part of me I can try since I don’t want to risk killing an animal(except stray cats). The only type of animal I can take care of are reptiles and since my parents won’t let me buy a Boa constrictor/Anaconda, here I am with my pet soft-shell turtle, “Glutton”(who happens to be one).
8. I think the reason why I rarely sleep is that I get all restless with inspiration at times. I really can’t stop thinking about fixing up the levels on my photos or maybe even writing something in my blog or in my notebook or thinking of new concepts for photo shoots. This is a bane and a boon alot of the time because I’m always energized but tired at the same time. I also get to do so much with the time I’m given. BUT I feel like I’m ripping myself apart.
9. I’m a walking Dichotomy, an exercise in contradictions. I’m awkward socially but I at least have social skills(though not skillz) that normal people have to work for to have. I seem anti-social but I have a comparatively large set of friends, many of whom I feel honored to know. I’m actually pretty shy but there have been many times that discarding any remaining SHAME or the SEMBLANCE of shame has brought me places.
10. I would die for my family and friends, but I would rather kill for them. It’s more expedient AND I don’t have to die. I also bond with my friends over food most of the time. I swear, there’s nothing that lightens the mood than a freshly delivered Pizza hut/Yellow Cab/Brooklyn Pizza, Coke and friends. Restaurant(not bar) hopping is also a way for me to bond with my friends.
11. I cannot do any of the following: Drink Alcohol/Coffee, Smoke, Drive at night, Party with too many people or flashing lights. I am either allergic(adversely or deathly) or I get major migraines.
12. I am a sucker for SAPPY lyrics.My current sappy song is Love Story by Taylor Swift(Sorry Jake). I liked it so much I ended up blogging about it, pathetic I know.
13. I LOVE listening to the radio. It’s actually kind of weird for me that I download music from the internet when all I really listen to is provided by the radio anyway. I also like the feel of human interaction and the light cajoling from the DJs. Speaking of which, I’ve dreamt of being a DJ for a very long time. Even though it’s currently a pipe dream I admit that if I were given a chance to learn I would.
14. I LOVE comics. I’m really more of a DC fan than Marvel but I admit to buying the occasional marvel comic here and there. My FAVORITE comic book character is THE Batman. Amazing character. Though right now I find it interesting to look at the Trinity as a whole he still stands out.
15. The more I know you, the better the photos of you end up. I don’t know, maybe it’s because I get to see you so often that I know what your best angles are? Or maybe I see how the light hits your face? Or maybe I just know when the decisive moment is? When that perfect shot comes out.
16. I have a blog http://www.treiz.wordpress.com. I’ve been filling it up pretty regularly especially since fits of inspiration come at any and all times. It’s been a great way to get the thoughts out into the open because there are times when I can’t really say it out loud.
17. I have a messed up life philosophy based on bits and pieces of other philosophies/ideals/random
life views that I’ve picked up. It’s an amalgamation with ideas from Machiavelli, Nietzsche, Saint-Exupery, Shakespeare, random movies, random comics, Star Wars, etc… Weird, I know, but it works for me. It may not work for you but I don’t need to appease you.
18. I am apathetic to politics. I feel that there’s no use now.
19. i slept at 3:42 this morning. I woke up at 5:20. I’m fairly awake. Good luck to me.
20. I want to upgrade my camera so badly, it’s not even funny.
21. I am not that close to anyone in my family. I don’t know why though. But the after-effect is that I don’t really enjoy staying at home much. I guess I never really got to talking to my parents and siblings. One sibling I was close to kinda ended up bitching out so that’s that.
22. I want to be a photographer you can call for almost anything. I want to take fashion shoots, events(that I actually like), concepts shoots, art shots, street photos, life photos. I want to capture that “decisive moment”.
23. Everything that I’m trying to do now is about “finding the balance, the middle ground”. I am a man of extremes, never in moderation, always too much or too little. I’ve been described as a metronome when it comes to my moods.
24. My last birthday party was probably the best I’ve had so far. Someone described it as(sino nga ba nagsabi nito? I kinda remember, I wonder if that person does), “we’re all so different and the common factor is TReiz”. Thanks to all of you for coming. Next time, Next time!!!
25. I play percussions. I have a K-hon, a djembe and a set of bongos.